Thursday, September 16, 2010

Gardening

This year's garden started slow. I had to replant my beans due to SLUGS eating all the beans as soon as they emerged from the ground. Frustrating. So, replanted and then this! Beautiful beans and lovely Zinnias.
I love to plant marigolds around the permimeter of the garden for color and they help keep the bugs down.
The tomatoes are fair. There is a huge plant up close to the fence that just didn't want to get fruit. The closer plant did and they are just now ripening. That took a while. We had a wet spring, making for a slow start for many gardeners this year.

2 comments:

Lorrie said...

I'm a little frustrated with my garden as well--I had wanted to bring tomatoes to Kenzie, and I have a ton of green ones, but they're not getting ripe! And I'm just now getting zinnias!

Loralee said...

Everything looks so pretty Mom! I love how everything looks! I would have picked and snipped with you! Love you! Thank you for sharing! Mmmmmm....Beans.....